Some people are feeling inferior because somebody seems so great and powerful but sometimes what differentiates them is just one word… CONFIDENCE. People with confidence are easy to spot. They seem to have an undeniable presence that makes them stand out in a crowd. However, confidence isn’t about ego; it’s about being comfortable in your own skin.
Like inner beauty, confidence comes from within and shows through on the outside. It’s like a beacon that attracts admirers (even though confident people don’t need admirers), and puts those around them at ease. And it’s not so much about what they do that makes people confident. It’s more about what they don’t do! Here are 12 things really confident people never do. If you’re experiencing the fear and self-doubt that come with a lack of confidence, be sure to consider these tips and put them into practice! You certainly deserve to live your life with confidence.
Really confident people …
- Never need approval from others. They go where they want when they want. They wear what they want and make decisions based on what they want, not what others want or suggest might be good for them.
- Never see a problem as a challenge they can’t overcome. As the old saying goes, “If there’s a will, there’s a way.” Maybe they’ll fail, but confident people always give it their best shot.
- Never feel the need to tear down others in order to bolster themselves up. They have no desire to prove they’re better than others. Passing judgment on others is certainly never on the to-do lists of really confident people.
- Never make excuses for why they can’t do something. Confident people simply find a way to get it done.
- Never procrastinate. If you’re not going to take care of something right away, then when? As a wise and confident person once said, “Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery; today is all we have.”
- Are never complacent or let themselves get too comfortable. Confident people like to push their boundaries and try something new. People need to grow and progress in all walks of life, and confident people know this all too well.
- Don’t let negativity from others hold them back. Confident people don’t dwell on the negative comments of others and often are quick to find the bright side of a situation. They’re confident in their belief in themselves and that they have surrounded themselves with people who care and believe in them.
- Aren’t people pleasers. Confident people know that not everyone is going to get along, and that’s okay; it’s just part of life. If you’re comfortable within yourself, then there’s no need to prove it to others or to try hard to make them like you.
- Don’t let people push their buttons or walk all over them. Confident people are respectful of others, but won’t be controlled or manipulated by others.
- Don’t second-guess their decisions. They weigh the options, make a decision and proceed with confidence.
- Never fear failure. If they make a mistake, they own it, knowing that with each failure comes an opportunity to learn. Most of all, they believe in their own ability to achieve.
- Never miss a chance to empower others. A person who is confident empowers others and helps them find their confidence.
Confident people have the freedom to always apologetically be themselves. Confidence is the most powerful trait that anyone can possess, and if you have it, it will carry you through all areas of life. And once you gain confidence, it’s almost impossible to lose it.