There are seven main chakras in the body and they can help to give you peace and hope. Most people are very busy and this means that they don’t take time to make sure that their body is strong. Once you look back on your life though, you will see that the strain that you have is great.
Opening up your chakras can help you to have a stronger mind, body, and soul. It helps you to cleanse your life and can make you feel that you have more energies. The energy in your body can help you with your mind and can help you to improve your thinking.
There are seven chakras including:
- Crown Chakra or Sahasrara.
- Third Eye Chakra or Ajna.
- Throat Chakra or Vishuddha.
- Heart Chakra or Anahata.
- Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura.
- Sacral Chakra or Svadhisthana.
- Root Chakra or Muladhara.
When you want to have your chakras strong, using kundalini yoga can help to open up and activate your chakras. It can also work through your energy points and keep you healthy. You can use yoga to be more aware and this works through breathing work, meditation, and mantras.
You can live a happy life and you can have strong morals and values and you can be mindful of what you need so that you can heal yourself and others.
If you have chakras that are not open or are blocked or even ones that are overactive, you will see that the chakras might not be giving you the energies that you need. Here is more about your chakra system:
- Found: At the top of the head.
- Works with this scent: Jasmine.
- Positive Mantra: Om.
- Associated color: White or violet.
- Which element: Earth element.
- Best Yoga pose: Lotus Pose or Corpse Pose.
- What does it stand for: How to let go of the ego.
This chakra can help you to have more wisdom and to be open to the universe. You can be more aware of who you are and you can connect with the universe. If the chakra is not activated, you will have a hard time with your spiritual self and you won’t be able to control your thoughts. You might even forget what you need to take care of your body.
Balancing the Crown Chakra
If you want to balance the crown chakra, here is how:
- Sit in a crossed leg position.
- Put hands on the stomach and cross your fingers with your pinkie pointing up.
- Close your eyes and meditate.
- Say the sound, “ng.”
- Relax and be at peace.
Be careful that you are meditating so that you can keep your chakra strong. You can also use different poses in order to keep the crown chakra balanced. You can make sure that you are accepting yourself and that you are experiencing what you nee to experience. This can help you to have the spiritual attachment that you need.
Do Savasana and make sure that your third eye chakra is open.
It is important that you are safe when you do your chakra balancing. Make sure that you are comfortable and in a resting position.
Third Eye Chakra
- Found: In between the eyebrows, middle of the forehead.
- Works with this scent: Vanilla.
- Positive Mantra: Om.
- Associated color: Indigo.
- Which element: Light element.
- Best Yoga pose: Easy Pose.
- What does it stand for: To increase your intuition.
This is the chakra that helps you to open up to the world around you and the spirit world. It helps you to find your intuition and your other senses. Sometimes you might be confused but this can mean that your chakra is blocked.
Balancing the Third Eye
Here is how:
- Sit and put your legs crossed.
- Put your hands on your breasts and put the middle finger straight. Thumbs point towards you.
- Close your eyes and pay attention to the third eye chakra.
- Say the chant, “om.”
- Relax and meditate.
- Do this as long as you want.
You can also use yoga to keep this chakra opened and to increase your intuition. You can do this to make sure that you are balanced.
You can do this pose to make sure that your chakra is open and strong.
Make sure that you are taking caution if you have a knee injury.
- Found: In the throat.
- Works with this scent: Lavender.
- Positive Mantra: Ham.
- Associated color: Blue.
- Which element: Ether element.
- Best Yoga pose: Shoulder Stand or Bridge Pose.
- What does it stand for: Helps you to express yourself.
This is the chakra that helps you to communicate and to know who you are talking to. Express yourself in a creative way and make sure that you are being open to communication. If the chakra is inactive, you might not be able to speak the truth or listen to what other people have to say.
Balancing the Throat Chakra
You can balance this chakra by:
- Sitting on your knees.
- Keep your hands crossed and your thumbs out.
- Close your eyes and look at the base of your throat in your mind.
- Say, “Ham.”
- Relax your body and mind and keep your meditation going.
This pose can help you to balance your throat chakra and to be able to speak the truth.
Make sure that you don’t practice this if you have high blood pressure or thyroid problems. Women that are menstruating should avoid this until their time is over. Do this with a trainer.
- Found: In the middle of the chest.
- Works with this scent: Eucalyptus.
- Positive Mantra: Yam.
- Associated color: Green.
- Which element: Air element.
- Best Yoga pose: Camel Pose.
- What does it stand for: Opens you up to love and empathy.
This is the chakra that works with your emotions and helps you to have unconditional love for other people. This can also help you to be compassionate and loving. If this chakra isn’t active, it can cause you to be unfriendly and closed off.
Balancing the Heart Chakra
Here is how to balance the heart chakra:
- Cross your legs in a sitting position.
- Put your hands on your knees.
- Close your eyes and think about the heart chakra.
- Say the chant, “Yam.”
- Relax and let the chakra be balanced.
- Meditate for a few minutes each day.
Using Camel Pose or Ustrasana
You can use this pose to make sure that you are loving and compassionate to others. When you practice yoga, you can open up your heart to unconditional love.
You should be cautious when you do yoga poses and try to do this with an instructor. If you have high blood pressure, avoid this.
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Found: At the base of the sternum.
- Works with this scent: Lemon.
- Positive Mantra: Ram.
- Associated color: Yellow.
- Which element: Fire element.
- Best Yoga pose: Boat Pose.
- What does it stand for: Can help you to have a purpose and strong self-esteem.
With this chakra, you can find that you are confident if it is balanced. You can open this up and you will be able to have more control. If it is in inactive, you will not be able to make good decisions or you will be too aggressive.
Balancing the Solar Plexus
Here is how:
- Sit on your knees and relax.
- Put your hands on your stomach and let your fingers join together.
- Pay attention to this chakra and keep your eyes closed.
- Say, “Ram.”
- Relax and mediate while you do this.
Navasana or Boat Pose
You can use this pose so that you can increase your self-esteem and you can be stronger. This can boost your life.
Make sure that if you have migraines that you don’t do this yoga or if you have high blood pressure or chronic diseases.
- Found: In the lower stomach.
- Works with this scent: Orange.
- Positive Mantra: Vam.
- Associated color: Orange.
- Which element: Water element.
- Best Yoga pose: Goddess Pose.
- What does it stand for: This chakra can help you to be strong in your emotions and creativity.
This is the chakra that helps your sexual needs. It can help you to have better sexual energies and help you to have better relationships. This chakra can make sure that you don’t have sexual dysfunctions. If it is inactive though, you might not have the emotions that you need while you are trying to please yourself or your partner.
Balancing the Sacral Chakra
Here is how:
- Sit on your knees and keep your back straight.
- Put your hands in your lap with your palms upwards.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on this chakra.
- Chant, “Vam.”
- Relax and meditate until you feel good.
Goddess Pose or Deviasana
This is a pose that can help you to have more emotional stability. You can use this chakra to keep your sexual energies strong. This can make you have more fertility and to balance your chakras.
Do the best that you can to take caution if you have problems in your legs, back or shoulders. Be careful and talk to a doctor before you do yoga.
- Found: Bottom of the Spine.
- Works with this scent: Vetiver.
- Positive Mantra: Lam.
- Associated color: Red.
- Which element: Earth element.
- Best Yoga pose: Tree Pose.
- What does it stand for: This can help you to be grounded and secure.
This is a chakra that can help you to be comfortable with who you are. It can help you to feel secure and to be grounded. You will trust others and not be nervous or full of fear.
Balancing the Root Chakra
If you want to keep the root chakra balanced you need to do more physical activity. You can do exercise, yoga or you can do something that gets you moving. Here is how to ground yourself:
- Connect with the floor.
- Move your pelvis towards and distribute your weight on your feet.
- Let your weight move forward.
- Sit with your legs crossed.
- Put your palms on your knees and touch your thumbs together.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your genitals and anus.
- Say, “Lam.”
- Relax and meditate until you feel better.
Using Tree Pose or Vriksasana
This is a pose that can help you to feel more alert and help you to be stable. You can use this to increase your survival instincts and to not be so guarded. Use this to make sure that all of your needs are met.
You need to make sure that you take caution if you have knee problems or if you have problems in your frontal plane. If you have high blood pressure, then you need to make sure you are healthy before doing yoga.
There are seven main chakras in your body, and they work in the upper and lower body. They are there to influence your body on how it feels and acts. Being aware of your chakras can help you to have a better life. Cleanse your chakras and make sure that you feel full of health and energy.