Life’s pretty hard already without having to worry about accidentally upsetting the spirit world. But if you pay attention to these superstitions, you can use them to your advantage to stay lucky in life – and love.
- Don’t meet each other on the stairs — and don’t even think about embracing or kissing while you’re on the stairs. I wonder what the superstition gods say about meeting each other on the internet?
- If you’re enjoying a stroll with your beau, be careful not to let any object come between you, like a post or light pole. Also probably not a good idea to get too close to your slutty cousin Amber either!
- When you’re delivering a love letter to the post office or mailbox, don’t drop it or you and your lover will quarrel. In this day and age, I’m sure the rule also applies to your computer crashing when you send an e-mail.
- It is considered unlucky to receive a lock of hair from a lover. And besides that, a dude who cuts off his hair and hands it to you is probably a little creepy.
- An accidental burn on the left ring finger means you’ll be engaged soon. The key word here is accidental. Put the matches down, Ally McBeal.
- Lettuce is said to have magical properties, including the power to arouse love. Is this just another way of getting us to diet?
- If you find a four-leaf clover, you can put it in your right shoe and the next bachelor you meet will become your husband. If only they sold four-leaf clovers at Target.
Only in your dreams
Superstition mythology says that if you dream of taking a bath, you will soon fall in love. Of course, not all of us can control our dreams, so here are some ways to encourage your future love to show up in your dreams:
- Sleep with a piece of wedding cake or a mirror under your pillow. Of course, be careful not to let the frosting seep into your pores or your adult acne will scare any potential lovers away. And what do you think happens if you break a mirror under your pillow? Seven years of bad sex?
- Wear your pjs or nightgown inside out. This one seems fun and relatively easy, but I imagine those Victoria’s Secret models don’t have to bother turning those nighties inside out.
- Count nine stars every night for nine nights in a row. Sounds like a lot of math to me…but really, what’s sexier than math?